About this course
Student Learning Outcomes:
Upon completion of this class, the student will have . . .
1. Gained greater confidence in determining his or her calling.
2. Developed a personal teaching philosophy by writing a philosophy of teaching paper.
3. Gained further understanding concerning the Holy Spirit’s role in the teaching process.
4. Learned about various teaching methods along with their effectiveness.
5. Become aware of the importance of the spiritual, intellectual, and homiletical preparation that biblical teaching requires.
6. Become thoroughly familiar with the homiletical process through lecture, discussion, and preparation of lessons.
7. Prepared and delivered a lesson using the principles learned.
8. Created a personal critique sheet which will be used by peers in evaluation of lessons.
9. Learned to humbly evaluate the critique of others.